Few points to be considered while taking decision to adopt GlassFish Application Server.
- GlassFish is an Open Source Application Server which implements the latest Java EE 5.0 specifications.
- SUN is heavily supporting GlassFish Open Source Project.
- GlassFish has very rich Administration Console like Weblogic and unlike JBoss.
- After acquiring by Redhat, JBoss is not showing any momentum, whereas SUN is heavily supporting GlassFish Open Source Project, that is why GlassFish’s adoption is increasing as a best Open Source Application Server choice today.
- GlassFish is very easy for developers to use, and increases the developer productivity when used in integration with Netbeans IDE.
Read GlassFish Adoption Stories and see how GlassFish is being used for enterprise applications.
I have been using GlassFish from last few months for my company’s client projects. Not yet deployed on Production.